Advantages of Tablets
* Tablets are easy to be dispensed.
* More stable dosage form.
* Maintain accuracy in dose age.
* Bitter and nauseous substances can be given easily in tablet form after giving a suitable coating to the Tablets.
* Tablets are the lightest and the most compact of all dosage forms.
* Packaging and transportation of Tablets is easiest and cheapest as compared to all other dosage forms.
* Better suited to a large scale production as oral unit dosage form.
* Tablet dosage form is an economical dosage form.
Disadvantages of Tablets* Some drugs resist compression due to their atmospheric nature and low density character, such drugs can't be compressed into Tablets.
* Bitter tasting drugs, drugs with objectionable odour or drugs sensitive to Oxygen or or atmospheric moisture may require encapsulation or a special type of coating which may increase the cost of the finished tablets.
* Drugs with poor wetting and slow dissolution properties are difficult to convert into Tablets which provide full Drug bioavailability.