1. Put off- An evasive reply, To delay doing something especially because you do not want to do it.
2. Decked up- put on special clothes to appear particularly appealing and attractive.
3. A man of straw- A weak person
4. Bite your tongue- To avoid talking.
5. Between the cup and the lips- On the point of achievement
6. An eyewash- A pretence
7. Feild day- An enjoyable day or circumstances.
8. An iron hand- By force
9. A dime and a dozen- Anything that is common and easy to get
10. At sixes and seven- Persons who are having different opinions
11. Cast iron stomach- Someone who has no problems, complications or ill effects with eating anything.
12. Kick the bucket- Die
13. Know the ropes- To understand the details
14. Latin and greek- Unable to understand
15. Dog days of summer- The hottest day of the summer season
16. Call a spade a spade- Straight talks
17. A toss-up- A result that is still unclear and can go either way
18. Takes a beating- to be damaged because of performing badly or being criticized
19. At the drop of a hat- Willing to do something immediately
20. A mare's nest- A false invention