- breadth, range, or magnitude. - the greatest distance that a wave, especially a sound or radio wave, moves up and down.
- - the maximum extent of a vibration or oscillation, measured from the position of equilibrium. - the maximum difference of an alternating electric current or potential from the average value.
- the angle between the real axis of an Argand diagram and a vector representing a complex number.
- the angular distance of a celestial object from the true east or west point of the horizon at rising or setting.
Example : - the amplitude of the crime of manslaughter lies beneath murder. - the amplitude of alpha rhythms. - the detection of signals only a few microvolts in amplitude.
- an interlacing, twining, looping, etc., of a cord, rope, or the like, drawn tight into a knob or lump, for fastening, binding, or connecting two cords together or a cord to something else. - a group or cluster of persons or things.
- move one's hand to and fro in greeting or as a signal. - style (hair) so that it curls slightly. - a sudden occurrence of or increase in a phenomenon, feeling, or emotion. - a ridge of water between two depressions in open water.
- a substance or material capable of polishing or cleaning a hard surface by rubbing or grinding. (adjective) - showing little concern for the feeling of others. (adjective) - a substance is used for cleaning, polishing, or grinding hard surfaces. (noun)
- non perceptible by touch. - unable to touched, not having physical presence. - difficulty or impossible to define or understand, like vague and abstract. - of an asset or benefit that is not constituting or represented by a physical object, or value not precisely measurable. (intangible business property like patents, copyrights and trademarks)